Place:


Sutton Montis  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton Montis like this:

SUTTON-MONTAGUE, or S.-Montis, a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset; 1½ mile SE of Sparkford r. station, and 5 N by W of Sherborne. It has a postal pillar-box under Ilchester. Acres, 508. Rated property, £1,225. Pop., 155. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £302. Patron, Mrs. B. Leach. The church is partly Norman.

Sutton Montis through time

Sutton Montis is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton Montis itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton Montis in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13290

Date accessed: 19th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton Montis ".