Place:


Killinghall  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Killinghall like this:

KILLINGHALL, a village and a township in Ripley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the river Nidd, adjacent to the Nidd Valley railway, 1 mile S of Ripley; and has a post office under Leeds. The township comprises 3, 250 acres. Real property, £3, 942. Pop. in 1851, 569; in 1861, 746. Houses, 162. The manor belonged formerly to the Chomleys and the Lawsons, and belongs now to the Duke of Devonshire. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a Church school.

Killinghall through time

Killinghall is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Killinghall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Killinghall, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13186

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Killinghall ".