Place:


East Keswick  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Keswick like this:

KESWICK (EAST), a village and a township in Harewood parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands in a valley, 4 miles SW of Wetherby; and has a post office under Tadcaster. The township comprises 1, 460 acres. Real property, £1, 606. Pop., 468. Houses, 97. The manor belongs to the Earl of Harewood. A church was built here in 1857; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

East Keswick through time

East Keswick is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Keswick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Keswick, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13176

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Keswick ".