Place:


Hutton Bonville  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hutton Bonville like this:

HUTTON-BONVILLE, a chapelry in Birkby parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the river Wiske and the Northeastern railway, 3 miles SSE of Cowton r. station, and 4 NNW of Northallerton. It contains the village of Lovesome-Hill, and its post town is Northallerton. Acres, 1, 080. Rea property, £1, 776. Pop., 129. Houses, 22. Hutton-Bonville Hall is a chief residence. The place is a meet for the Bedale hounds. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £53. Patron, Mrs. M. A. Pierse. The church is good, and has a bellturret.

Hutton Bonville through time

Hutton Bonville is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hutton Bonville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hutton Bonville, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13050

Date accessed: 12th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hutton Bonville ".