Place:


Husthwaite  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Husthwaite like this:

HUSTHWAITE, a village, a township, and a parish in Easingwold district, N. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on a rising ground, near the Thirsk and Driffield railway, 4 miles N by W of Easingwold; and has a station, of the name of Husthwaite-Gate, on the railway, and a post office under Easingwold.-The township comprises 1, 621 acres. ...


Real property, £2, 613. Pop., 446. Houses, 93.—The parish contains also the township of Carlton-Husthwaite, and comprises 2, 431 acres. Real property, £3, 980. Pop., 616. Houses, 127. The property is much subdivided. Husthwaite House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £108. Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is ancient, in tolerable condition; and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £ 7.

Husthwaite through time

Husthwaite is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Husthwaite itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Husthwaite, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13046

Date accessed: 17th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Husthwaite ".