Place:


Hunsingore  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hunsingore like this:

HUNSINGORE, a village, a township, and a parish in Knaresborough district, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the river Nidd, 2½ miles SSE of Allerton r. station, and 4½ NW by N of Wetherby; and has a post office under Tadcaster. The township comprises 930 acres. Real property, £1, 801. ...


Pop., 192. Houses, 39.—The parish contains also the township of Cattal and that of Great Ribston-with-Walshford. Acres, 3, 660. Real property, £6, 193. Pop., 561. Houses, 114. The property is subdivided. Ribston Hall is the seat of Joseph Dent, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £420. Patron, J. Dent, Esq. The church has a tower, is partly ivy clad, and was recently in disrepair. An ancient chapel is attached to Ribston Hall. There is a national school.

Hunsingore through time

Hunsingore is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hunsingore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hunsingore, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13039

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hunsingore ".