Place:


Bishops Hull  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishops Hull like this:

BISHOPS-HULL, a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; adjacent to the Bristol and Exeter railway, 1½ mile W of Taunton. It has a post office under Taunton. Acres, 1,341. Real property, £10,567. Pop., 1,614. Houses, 321. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £222-Patron, the Rev. W. P. Williams. St. John's is a separate vicarage, formed in 1864. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £60.

Bishops Hull through time

Bishops Hull is now part of Taunton Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Taunton Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bishops Hull itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishops Hull, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12969

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bishops Hull ".