Place:


Ludford Magna  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ludford Magna like this:

LUDFORD-MAGNA, a village and a parish in Louth district, Lincoln. The village stands near the end of the Fosse way, 6 miles E of Market-Rasen r. station; and has a post office, of the name of Ludford, under Market-Rasen. The parish, with Ludford Parva, comprises 3,310 acres. Real property of L. ...


M. alone, £4,177. Pop., 356. Houses, 78. The landed property is divided among a few. Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Ludford Parva, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £293.* Patron, alternately E. Heneage, Esq., and H. R. Boucherett, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1865, at a cost of £2,125; and is in the decorated English style, and cruciform. There are chapels for Wesleyans and United Free Methodists, and a national school.

Ludford Magna through time

Ludford Magna is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ludford Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ludford Magna, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12950

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ludford Magna ".