Place:


Holmpton  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holmpton like this:

HOLMPTON, a parish in Patrington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast, 3½ miles E by N of Patrington r. station. It has a post office under Hull. Acres, 1, 462; of which 172 are water. Real property, £2, 940. Pop., 116. Houses, 21. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. ...


W. Potchett. Holmpton House, an edifice of the time of Queen Anne, is the seat of G. Malan, Esq. There are excellent sands. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £152.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a tower; contains a monument by Rossi, of 1820; and is good.

Holmpton through time

Holmpton is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holmpton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holmpton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12928

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holmpton ".