Place:


Londonthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Londonthorpe like this:

LONDONTHORPE, a village and a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln. The village stands near Erminestreet, 3 miles NE of Grantham r. station; and contains a number of neat small houses in the Gothic style. The parish comprises 1,520 acres; and its Post town is Grantham. Real property, £2,614. ...


Pop., 228. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor. and much of the land belong to Earl Brownlow. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Manthorpe, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower; and is a neat stone edifice. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Londonthorpe through time

Londonthorpe is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Londonthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Londonthorpe, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12923

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Londonthorpe ".