Place:


Burton Latimer  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burton Latimer like this:

BURTON-LATIMER, a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; adjacent to the Leicester and Bedford railway, 3½ miles SE of Kettering. It has a station, jointly with Isham, on the railway, and a post office‡ under Wellingborough. Acres, 2,690. Real property, £5,563. Pop., 1,158. ...


Houses, 258. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged once to the Latimers. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Peterborough. Value, £1,000.* Patron, the Rev. F. B. Newman. The church was restored in 1869. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £290.

Burton Latimer through time

Burton Latimer is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burton Latimer itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burton Latimer, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1285

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burton Latimer ".