Place:


Farmborough  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farmborough like this:

FARMBOROUGH, a parish in Clutton district, Somerset; 4¾ miles SW of Twerton r. station, and 6½ SW by W of Bath. It has a post office under Bath. Acres, 1, 494. Real property, £4, 313. Pop., 965. Houses, 225. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Wells. Value, £420.* Patron, the Rev. Dr. Lord. The church is old but good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Farmborough through time

Farmborough is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farmborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farmborough in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12842

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farmborough ".