Place:


East Hardwick  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Hardwick like this:

HARDWICKE (EAST), a township-chapelry in Pontefract parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles SSE of Pontefract town and r. station. It has a post-office under Pontefract. Acres, 500. Real property, £1,130. Pop., 213. Houses, 34. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £100.* Patrons, Trustees. The church was recently repaired; and there is a free school.

East Hardwick through time

East Hardwick is now part of Wakefield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wakefield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Hardwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Hardwick, in Wakefield and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12828

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Hardwick ".