Place:


Hambleton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hambleton like this:

HAMBLETON, a township in Brayton parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Selby and Milford junction railway, 4¼ miles W by S of Selby. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Selby. Acres, 2, 120. Real property, £, 396. Pop., 544. Houses, 120. Hambleton House is a chief residence. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Hambleton through time

Hambleton is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hambleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hambleton, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12817

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hambleton ".