Place:


Chapel Haddlesey  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chapel Haddlesey like this:

CHAPEL-HADDLESEY, a township-chapelry in Birkin parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Aire, 4½ miles SSW of Selby r. station. Acres, 1,000. Real property, £1,893. Pop., 210. Houses, 47. A three-arched iron bridge here spans the Aire. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Birkin, in the diocese of York. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Chapel Haddlesey through time

Chapel Haddlesey is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chapel Haddlesey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapel Haddlesey, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12802

Date accessed: 16th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chapel Haddlesey ".