Place:


Langriville  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langriville like this:

LANGRICK-VILLE, or LANGRIVILLE, a parish in Boston district, Lincoln; on the river Witham, opposite Langrick-Ferry, and at Langrick r. station, 5 miles NW of Boston. Post-town, Boston. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £4,040. Pop., 312. Houses, 48. The land was once fen, but was drained in 1812; and the parish, at first only a chapelry, was then constituted. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £91. Patrons, Trustees. The church is a red brick structure of 1818.

Langriville through time

Langriville is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langriville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langriville, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12782

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langriville ".