Place:


Laceby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Laceby like this:

LACEBY, a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village stands 3 miles SSW of Great Coates r. station, and 4 SW by W of Great Grimsby; and has a post-office‡ under Grimsby. The parish comprises 2,037 acres. Real property, £4,766. Pop., 1,021. Houses, 238. The property is subdivided. ...


An ancient earthwork is near the village; and a remarkable spring, called Wellbeck, dry in winter, but copious in summer, is in the neighbourhood. There are a steam-printing establishment and a flour mill. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £580. * Patron, R. Haynes, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a free school for Laceby, Bradley, and Barnoldby, and several charities. was restored in 1860. There are a church-school, and charities £35.

Laceby through time

Laceby is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Laceby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Laceby in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12779

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Laceby ".