In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grindale like this:
GRINDALL, a chapelry in Bridlington parish, E. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles SW by S of Speeton r. station, and 4 NW of Bridlington. It has a post office under Hull. Acres, 2, 415. Real property, £2, 739. Pop., 174. house, 24. The manor belongs to T. Lloyd, Esq. Fragments of Roman tesselated pavement were finnd in 1839. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Sewerby-with-Marton, in the diocese of York. The church was built in 1834.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Grindale has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Grindale and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grindale, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Grindale".