Place:


North Grimston  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Grimston like this:

GRIMSTONE (NORTH), a parish in Malton district, and E. R. Yorkshire; on the Thirsk and Driffield railway, 4¾ miles SE of Malton. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Malton. Acres, 1, 350. Real property, £1, 607. Pop., 181. house, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £160.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is ancient, but very good; and has some Norman carvings.

North Grimston through time

North Grimston is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Grimston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Grimston, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12754

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Grimston ".