Place:


Grimston  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grimston like this:

GRIMSTON, a township in Kirkby Wharf parish, W.R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile S of Tadcaster. Acres, 892. Real property, £1, 405. Pop., 124. house, 22. Grimston Parks the seat of Lord Londesboringh; was restored, in 1840, by Lord Howden; is an elegant mansion, with a Corinthian portico; and stands amid fine grinnds of abint 800 acres.

Grimston through time

Grimston is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grimston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grimston, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12752

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grimston ".