In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cutcombe like this:
CUTCOMBE, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; 5¼ miles SW by S of Dunster, and 10 SW by W of Watchet r. station. Post town, Ludborough, under Taunton. Acres, 7, 231. Real property, £4, 970. Pop., 793. Houses, 158. The property is divided among a few. Lofty hills are in the north and in the south; and Dunkerry Beacon, 1, 700 feet high, with a fine view, is in the west. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy. of Luxborough, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £214.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English and good. A school has £35 from endowment; and other charities £19.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cutcombe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cutcombe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cutcombe in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cutcombe".