Place:


Gilberdike  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gilberdike like this:

GILBERDIKE, a township in Eastrington parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the Hull and Selby railway, 5½ miles ENE of Howden. It includes the hamlets of Sandholme, Hive, and Owsthorpe; and has a post office under Howden, and a Primitive Methodist chapel. Acres, 570. Real property, £2, 958. Pop., 725. Houses, 166.

Gilberdike through time

Gilberdike is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gilberdike itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gilberdike, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12705

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gilberdike ".