Place:


Kexby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kexby like this:

KEXBY, a township in Upton parish, Lincoln; 3 miles N of Marton r. station, and 5 SE of Gainsborough. Acres, 1, 540. Real property, £2, 215. Pop., 272. Houses, 61. The manor belongs to W. Hutton, Esq. There are chapels for Primitive Methodists and U. Free Methodists.

Kexby through time

Kexby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kexby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kexby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12694

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kexby ".