Place:


Keadby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keadby like this:

KEADBY, a village and a township in Althorpe parish, Lincoln. The village stands on the river Trent, at the end of the Stainforth and Keadby canal, and at the terminus of the Thorne and Keadby branch of the South Yorkshire railway, 4 miles E by S-of Crowle; and has a railway station with telegraph, and chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. The township comprises 1, 047 acres. Real property, £3, 444; of which £155 are in the canal. Pop., 551. Houses, 80.

Keadby through time

Keadby is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Keadby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keadby in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12679

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Keadby ".