Place:


Irnham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Irnham like this:

IRNHAM, a village and a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln. The village stands near the river Glen, 1¾ mile NE of Corby r. station, and 6½ NW of Bourn; and has a post office under Bourn. The parish contains also the hamlets of Bulby and Hawthorpe. Acres, 3, 520. Real property, £5, 586. ...


Pop., 347. Houses, 68. The manor, with Irnham Hall, belongs to the Woodhouse family. The hall is a handsome mansion in the Tudor style. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Corby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £608. * Patron, W. H. Woodhouse, Esq. The church is ancient and good; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower; and contains some ancient monuments and brasses.

Irnham through time

Irnham is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Irnham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Irnham, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12676

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Irnham ".