Place:


Ingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ingham like this:

INGHAM, a village and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands on the Wolds, 6½ miles NE of Saxelby r. station, and 8¼ miles N by W of Lincoln. The parish comprises 1, 750 acres. Posttown, Fillingham, under Lincoln. Real property, £3, 249. Pop., 646. Houses, 147. The manor belongs to Col. Neville. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £50. * Patron, Col. Neville.

Ingham through time

Ingham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ingham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12668

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ingham ".