Place:


Immingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Immingham like this:

IMMINGHAM, a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village stands 2 miles froni the Humber, 2 NE of Habrough r. station, and 7½ NW by W of Great Grimsby. The parish contains also the hamlet of Roxton, and extends to the Humber. Post town, Ulceby. Acres, 3, 715; of which 520 are water. ...


Real property, £3, 648. Pop., 261. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. A brook forms, at its mouth, a small haven, with a salmon fishery. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patrons, the Earl of Yarborough and others. The church has a tower, and is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Immingham through time

Immingham is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Immingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Immingham in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12667

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Immingham ".