In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Hykeham like this:
HYCKHAM (SOUTH), a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 1½ mile S by E of Hyckham r. station, and 4¾ SSW of Lincoln. It contains a village of its own name, and part of the township of Haddington. Post town, Lincoln. Acres, 1,804. Real property, exclusive of the part of Haddington, £1, 462; inclusive of all Haddington, £2, 624. Pop., 155. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to the Hon. Charles H. Cust. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Valne, £280. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a tower and spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing South Hykeham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering South Hykeham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Hykeham, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Hykeham".