Place:


Compton Dando  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Compton Dando like this:

COMPTON-DANDO, a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset; on Wans dyke and an affluent of the river Avon, 2 miles E by N of Pensford, and 3 SSW of Saltford r. station. It includes Tucking-Mills hamlet and part of Woolard; and its post town is Pensford under Bristol. Acres, 1, 974. Real property, £3, 081. Pop., 347. Houses, 77. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £180.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church has a square lower, and is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £75.

Compton Dando through time

Compton Dando is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Compton Dando itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Compton Dando in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12662

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Compton Dando ".