In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fridaythorpe like this:
FRIDAYTHORPE, a parish in Pocklington district, E. R. Yorkshire; 2 miles-SSW of Fimber r. station, and 10 W by N of Great Driffield. It has a post office under York. Acres, 2, 070. Real property, £1, 659. Pop., 332. Houses, 72. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £200.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is Norman, and has a low tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a Primitive Methodist chapel, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fridaythorpe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fridaythorpe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fridaythorpe, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fridaythorpe".