In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holywell like this:
HOLYWELL-WITH-AUNBY, a chapelry in CastleBytham parish, Lincoln; near the river Glen, and adjacent to the boundary with Rutland, 1 mile W of Little Bytham r. station, and 6½ NNW of Stamford. Posttown, Castle-Bytham, under Stamford. Acres, 2, 350. Real property, £1, 785. Pop., 149. Houses, 23. The manor, with Holywell Hall, belongs to Charles T. S. B Reynardson, Esq. There is a medicinal spring. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Careby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Holywell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Holywell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holywell, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Holywell".