In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Folkton like this:
FOLKTON, a township and a parish in the district of Scarborough and E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies near the coast, 3½ miles W by S of Filey r. station, and 5½ S by E of Scarborough. Acres, 2, 540. Real property, £2, 595. Pop., 197. Houses, 29. The parish contains also the township of Flixton; and its post town is Filey, under York. ...
Acres, 5, 040. Real property, £4, 158. Pop., 559. Houses, 100. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £550.* Patron, Admiral Mitford. The church is ancient, and was recently in disrepair. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Folkton, in Scarborough and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Folkton ".