In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chiselborough like this:
CHISELBOROUGH, a village and a parish in Yeovil district. Somerset. The village stands in a narrow valley, closed on three sides by lofty hills, at the river Parret, 3½ miles S of Martock railway station, and 4 NNE of Crewkerne; and has a fair on the last Thursday of Oct. The parish comprises 790 acres; and its post town is West Chinnock, under Ilminster. ...
Real property, £1, 950. Pop., 419. Houses, 100. Many of the inhabitants are afflicted with goître and cretinism; and were described, in 1851, by Dr. Guggenbühl, as " three German feet high, corpulent and bloated, with mis-shapen heads, turgid lips, and noses flattened like the negro's." The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of West Chinnock, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £449.* Patron, the Earl of Egremont. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Chiselborough is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chiselborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chiselborough in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chiselborough ".