Place:


East Chinnock  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Chinnock like this:

CHINNOCK (East), a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset; on the Yeovil and Exeter railway, near Sutton-Bingham station, 4 miles WSW of Yeovil. It has a post office under Yeovil. Acres, 1, 320. Real property, £2, 945. Pop., 552. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £140.* Patron, the lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there is an endowed school.

East Chinnock through time

East Chinnock is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Chinnock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Chinnock in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12586

Date accessed: 25th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Chinnock ".