Place:


Heapham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Heapham like this:

HEAPHAM, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; at one of the sources of the river Brant, 3 miles E by N of Lea r. station, and 4½ ESE of Gainsborough. Post town, Gainsborough. Acres, 1, 250. Real property, £1, 483. Pop., 129. Houses, 25. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £245.* Patron, W.Amcotts, Esq. The church was recently in disrepair.

Heapham through time

Heapham is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Heapham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Heapham, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12544

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Heapham ".