Place:


Charlton Mackrell  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charlton Mackrell like this:

CHARLTON-MACKRELL, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; on the river Cary and the Fosse way, 3¼ miles N of Martock r. station, and 5¼ ENE of Langport. It includes the hamlets of Cary-Fitzpaine and Lytescary; and has a post office under Taunton. Acres, with Charlton-Adam, 3,910. ...


Real property of C.-M. only, £2,637. Pop., 387. Houses, 77. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £499.* Patron, John Brymer, Esq. The church was recently restored. There are endowed schools with £45 a year, and charities £8.

Charlton Mackrell through time

Charlton Mackrell is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Charlton Mackrell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charlton Mackrell in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12543

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Charlton Mackrell ".