Place:


Harpswell  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harpswell like this:

HARPSWELL, a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 5 miles SSE of Northorpe r. station, and 8 E of Gainsborough. Post-town, Kirton-Lindsey. Acres, 2,180. Real property, £2,818. Pop., 104. Houses, 16. The property is all in one estate. The parish is a meet for the Barton hounds. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £41. Patrons, the Whichcote Family. The church is plain, but good.

Harpswell through time

Harpswell is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harpswell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harpswell, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12526

Date accessed: 17th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harpswell ".