Place:


Cold Hanworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cold Hanworth like this:

HANWORTH (CoLD), a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 3 miles W of Wickenby r. station, and 7¾ NNE of Lincoln. Post town, Hackthorn, under Lincoln. Acres, 707. Real property, £1, 140. Pop., 91. Houses, 14. The manor belongs to W.Amcotts, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Hackthorn, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church was re-built in 1864; and is in the decorated English style.

Cold Hanworth through time

Cold Hanworth is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cold Hanworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cold Hanworth, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12518

Date accessed: 21st September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cold Hanworth ".