Place:


Cameley  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cameley like this:

CAMELEY, a parish in Clutton district, Somerset; 5½ miles WNW of Radstock r. station. It contains Temple Cloud village, with post office under Bristol. Acres, 1,633. Real property, £3,808. Pop., 526. Houses, 102. Bath stone is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £256.* Patron, J. Hippisley, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a national school and charities £21.

Cameley through time

Cameley is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cameley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cameley in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12514

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cameley ".