Place:


Hallington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hallington like this:

HALLINGTON, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 2 miles SW of Louth r. station. Post town, Louth. Acres, 860. Real property, £, 776. Pop., 82. Houses, 16. The property all belongs to Henry Chaplin, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Raithby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church has disappeared; and the site of it is now a burial ground.

Hallington through time

Hallington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hallington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hallington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12496

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hallington ".