Place:


Hagworthingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hagworthingham like this:

HAGWORTHINGHAM, a village and a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln The village stands near the river Steeping, 4½ miles NW of Spilsby r. station, and 5½ E of Horncastle; and has a post office under Spilsby. The parish comprises 2, 430 acres. Real property, £4, 245; of which £84 are in quarries. ...


Pop., 666. Houses, 139. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Earl Manvers. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £540.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is ancient; was partly rebuilt, partly restored, in 1859; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with porch and tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, an endowed school with £19, and other charities with £26.

Hagworthingham through time

Hagworthingham is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hagworthingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hagworthingham, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12488

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hagworthingham ".