Place:


Eshton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eshton like this:

ESHTON, a township in Gargrave parish, W. R. Yorkshire; near the Leeds and Liverpool-canal, 5 miles NW of Skipton. It has a post office under Skipton. Acres, 1, 160. Real property, £1, 356. Pop., 81. Houses, 12 Eshton Hall belonged to the Bindlosses, and passed to the Wilsons.

Eshton through time

Eshton is now part of Craven district. Click here for graphs and data of how Craven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eshton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eshton, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12436

Date accessed: 22nd April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eshton ".