Place:


Elloughton  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Elloughton like this:

ELLOUGHTON, a township in Beverley district, and a parish partly also in Sculcoates district, E. R. Yorkshire. The township is conjoined with Brough, under the name of Elloughton-cum-Brough; and comprises Brough, with railway station and head post office, on the Selby and Hull railway, and on the Humber, 2¾ miles SSE of South Cave, and Elloughton, 1½ mile NE of Brough. ...


Acres, 1, 998; of which 578 are water. Real property, £3, 832. Pop., 641. Houses, 136. The parish contains also the township of Wauldby. Acres, 2, 988. Real property, £5, 249. Pop., 688. Houses, 143. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £300.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is good; and there are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, and charities £14.

Elloughton through time

Elloughton is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Elloughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Elloughton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12421

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Elloughton ".