Place:


Llanbedr Goch  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbedr Goch like this:

LLANBEDR-GOCH, a parochial chapelry in the district and county of Anglesey; on the coast at Red Wharf bay, 6¼ miles WNW of Beaumaris, and 6¼ NNW of MenaiBridge r. station. Post town, Beaumaris. Acres, 3,193; of which 250 are water. Real property, £1,460; of which £16 are in quarries. ...


Pop., 356. Houses, 84. The property is divided among four. A small port is on Red Wharf bay; and is connected by a tram railway 7 miles long, with the neighbourhood of Llanerchymedd. Marble and limestone are quarried. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanddyfnan in the diocese of Bangor. The church was reported in 1859 as very shabby.

Llanbedr Goch through time

Llanbedr Goch is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanbedr Goch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbedr Goch in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12381

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanbedr Goch ".