Place:


Eastrington  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastrington like this:

EASTRINGTON, a township and a parish in E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the Selby and Hull railway, 3½ miles ENE of Howden; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Howden. Acres, 3, 580. Real property, £2, 551. Pop., 432. Houses, 109. The parish contains also the townships of Gilber-dike, Bellasize, Newport and Wallingfen, and Portington and Cavil. ...


Acres, 7, 022. Real property, £10, 463. Pop., 1, 906. Houses, 441. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £202. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is tolerable; and there is a Wesleyan chapel. Hewley's school has £28; and other charities £13.

Eastrington through time

Eastrington is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastrington, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12379

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastrington ".