Place:


Easington  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easington like this:

EASINGTON, a township and a parish in Patrington district, E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the coast, in the Spurn-Head peninsula, 6 miles SE of Patrington town and r. station; and has a post office under Hull. Acres, 4, 363; of which 2, 013 are water. Real property, £4, 277. Pop., 600. ...


Houses, 138. The parish includes also the township of Out-Newton. Acres, 5, 228. Real property, £5, 257. Pop., 666. Houses, 148. The property is -subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united in 1868 with Kilnsea and Skeffling, in the dio. of York. Value, £51.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is chiefly early English; and has a door from Bristol priory. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists. Charities, £13.

Easington through time

Easington is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easington, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12370

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easington ".