Place:


West Bagborough  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Bagborough like this:

BAGBOROUGH (West), a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; in a pleasant hilly tract, on the Taunton and Watchet railway, between Bishops-Lydeard and Crowcombe-Heathfield stations, 8 miles NW of Taunton. It as a post office, of the name of Bagborough, under Taunton; and a fair on 23 May. Acres, 1,972. Real property, £3,017. Pop., 495. Houses, 97. The property is divided among a few. Bagborough House is the seat of the Popham family. The living is a rectory in he diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £550.* Patron, dam Clarke, Esq. The church is good.

West Bagborough through time

West Bagborough is now part of Taunton Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Taunton Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Bagborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Bagborough, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12362

Date accessed: 16th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Bagborough ".