Place:


North Duffield  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Duffield like this:

DUFFIELD (North), a township in Skipwith parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the river Derwent, adjacent to the Selby and Market-Weighton railway, 5½ miles NE of Selby. It has a fair on May 4, and a Primitive Methodist chapel; and it had formerly a castle, the residence of Lord Hussey. Acres, 3, 220. Real property, £5, 209: of which £100 are in quarries. Pop., 470. Houses, 96.

North Duffield through time

North Duffield is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Duffield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Duffield, in Selby and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12333

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Duffield ".