In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ash Priors like this:
ASH-PRIORS, a parish in Taunton district, Somerset; near Bishops-Lydeard r. station, and 6 miles NW of Taunton.-Post Town, Bishops-Lydeard under Taunton. Acres, 635. Real property, £1,057. Pop., 207. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £70. Patron, Sir T. B. Lethbridge, Bart. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ash Priors has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Taunton Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ash Priors and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ash Priors, in Taunton Deane and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ash Priors".