Place:


Dringhouses  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dringhouses like this:

DRINGHOUSES, a township-chapelry in St. Mary-Bishophill-Senior, Holy Trinity-Micklegate, and Acomb parishes, E. R. and W. R. Yorkshire; on the Midland railway, 1½ mile SW of York. It was constituted in 1853. Post town, York. Acres, 751. Rated property, £3, 074. Pop., 400. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £127. Patron, Dr. Wilkinson. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Dringhouses through time

Dringhouses is now part of York district. Click here for graphs and data of how York has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dringhouses itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dringhouses, in York and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12325

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dringhouses ".